University of Phoenix, arizona Material
Unix® and Linux® Comparison Matrix - 5 Marks
1 . Name 3 versions of Unix
1 ) AT& Capital t (System Sixth is v Release) Types
2 . BSD (Berkeley Application Distribution) in the University of California in Berkeley 3. XENIX by Microsoft
2 . Name 3 versions of Linux
1 ) Canonicals' Ubuntu
2 . Novell's openSUSE
several. Red Hat's Fedora
3. Describe a few major dissimilarities between Unix and Cpanel
1 . The difference between UNIX and Apache is that UNIX trademark is specific to systems that meet a complex set of X/Open standards and has a price whereas Linux is free 2 . The original UNIX program was drafted in PDP-7 assembly dialect and the subsequent version was written in a language named B, which was developed by Thompson in 1970. three or more. Linux can be described as clone with the UNIX operating-system, and Cpanel system can be distributed, utilized, and expanded free of charge four. Unix can be primarily a command range oriented operating system
4. Which in turn of the subsequent is not just a UNIX or perhaps Linux alternative
c. DOS and MS-DOS
at the. Debian
5. Utilize command to alter directory spots.
six. Use the control to erase a directory site.
six. Which in the following are text publishers? (Choose all of that apply. ) a. ni or Angulo
8. The command produces a directory known as winchester inside the root index. a. mkdir /winchester
w. mkdir.. /Winchester
c. mkdir \winchester
g. md /Winchester
9. The command enables you to change listing locations into a child directory site named child1. a. mkdir ƒ child1
b. cdƒ.. / child1
c. disc child1
d. cdƒ as well as
10. The command that deletes a file.
c. rm - To delete folders using rm enter the pursuing at a shell prompt (rm.. as well as.. /filename) –This is for Cpanel d. pwd
11. The command displays your present operating directory.
d. pwd- UNIX operating system